Along with its rich heritage, the island of St. Barts is most famous for its many beautiful beaches (16 to be exact), and as such, most luxury villa rentals in St. Barts often revolve around the sand, surf, and sea.
Curious to know what is the best beach in St. Barts? Which one is most popular? Which one is best for activities or which one is best for lounging? Well you’re in luck, because we’ve lined up 5 of the best beaches to visit in St. Barts:
Flamands Beach is one of the longest stretches of pristine white sands and crystal clear waters in St. Barts. It is located roughly three miles north of Gustavia, in the northwest part of the island and boasts pristine white sands and crystal clear waters.
Often referred to as “billionaire beach” due to the variety of luxury homes lining the area, Flamands is a great spot for those looking for some privacy and relaxation. This beach is one of the few in St. Barts that provides plenty of shaded areas, offering you a pleasant break from the tropical heat.
Swimming is popular here when the waters are calm but isn’t necessarily recommended for children. Surfing and boogie boarding are also options as long as the conditions are right. There are many facilities in the area for you to stop in and grab a bite to eat or a quick cocktail, making Flamands the ideal spot for those just wanting to bask in the sun peacefully.
Best Beachfront Villas in Flamands
- Ganesha is perfect for families looking to enjoy a holiday property in Saint-Barths.
- Sand Club stands apart as a truly peerless property in the highly competitive field of St Barths most impressive homes.
- Wake Up is one of the most luxurious rental villas in the Caribbean, it is also a very fine place to spend leisurely days, lively and social evenings, and very good nights of rest.
St. Jean Beach
St. Jean Beach is definitely St. Barts’ most popular beach. With the iconic Eden Roc Hotel perched on a peninsula overlooking the sea, the beach is split into two sections.
On the western side (typically the larger area) you will come across sports centers where you can easily rent out snorkeling equipment, surf boards, windsurfers and a variety of other beach toys for your enjoyment. Due to its location within close proximity to the Gustaf III Airport, beachgoers can also delight in the sensational views of planes flying overhead.
The waters at the eastern end are generally quite calm, making it the perfect spot for families with small children seeking leisurely beach activities such as windsurfing, snorkeling and paddle boarding. This stretch of the beach is also home to the popular Nikki Beach Saint Barth restaurant. So if you feel like overlooking the beach and eating at a nice restaurant, then this is the spot for you.
Best Beachfront Villas in St. Jean
- Le Moulin although the house is beachfront, it is completely hidden behind lush tropical surroundings allowing privacy.
- Sous La Falaise is nestled just above the water at the eastern end of St Jean Beach.
- Maison de la Plage is located at the far end of Pelican Beach, at the opposite end of St. Jean from the airport and is a delightful beach house typical of traditional St. Barth style.
Located on the northern shore of St. Barts you will find Lorient Beach. This long stretch of pristine sands and breathtaking views is a favorite among locals and tourists. There is a large reef protecting most of the beach, making it suitable for small children.
The far western end of the beach hosts pounding waves which makes it a popular location for surfers. However the eastern end remains unspoiled and calm, so you can easily enjoy a beautiful beach day spotting sea turtles, soaking up the sun or swimming in the turquoise waters.
You might like to explore the nearby village of Lorient, one of the oldest on the island, and check out the historic bell tower in the area. Just across the street from Lorient Beach you can wind down at one of the two popular restaurants in the area, Jojo Burger and La Petite Colombe.
Best Beachfront Villas in Lorient
- Dei Sogni this luxury rental property is one of a kind on St. Barts as it gives guests an opportunity to deeply relax and experience true beach living.
- Sand Castle sits directly on the sands of the Anse de Lorient, St. Barts central. With this fantastic location, you are not only close to a wonderful beach but also in the heart of the island.
- Les Sables facing the beach and the sea, this villa invites you to rest and relax while listening to the soft sound of the waves.
Grand Cul-de-Sac Beach
Located in the northeastern part of the island, Grand Cul-de-Sac Beach is a water activity lover’s dream. Although the water here is calm, it’s also shallow and warm with ideal wind speed, making it the perfect place for kayaking, kitesurfing, windsurfing, jet skiing and fly-fishing.
The main part of Grand cul de Sac beach is home to two popular hotels in St. Barts. On the left of the beach you have Le Sereno and to the right you have Hotel Le Barthelemy. Both of these iconic hot spots offer a sun lounger rental program as well as incredible food and beverage service directly on the beach so you can relish in being pampered while relaxing under the Caribbean sun.
If after a long day of beach fun with friends and family, take a load off at one of the many eateries lining the C-shaped stretch of sand. There are a variety of options to choose from such as Aux Amis, a chic resto- bar located within Hotel Le Barthelemy offering delectable gourmet dishes and tapas. Or simply enjoy some local infused rum at La Gloriette, which is also a great spot for the kids as they can splash and play in the nearby lagoon as their food is being prepared.
Best Beachfront Villas in Grand Cul-de-Sac
- Aqua Villa is unique on the seaside located directly on the turquoise lagoon of Grand Cul de Sac, with private access to the beach in front of the large overflow pool, and enjoying panoramic views over the warm, azure waters of the sea.
- Villa Bleu is the perfect blend of contemporary luxury and pure design right on the water’s edge.
- Sereno 1 is part of the wonderful hotel “Le Sereno”, one of the most beautiful resorts in St-barths, located on the magnificent Beach of Grand cul de Sac.
Petit Cul-de-Sac Beach
Most tourists don’t know about this beach because it’s hidden away off a dead-end road at the far northeast corner of St. Barts; it’s so secluded you will feel more than comfortable to kick back and relax at what feels like your very own private beach.
Located at the end of a peaceful bay, the calm waters at Petit Cul-de-Sac are part of a beautiful marine sanctuary, making it a great place to snorkel or seek out some sea turtles by the shore. While the shore can be somewhat rocky at times, you can still find some sandy openings that would be suitable for swimming.
Due to its remote location, there aren’t any shops or restaurants on this beach so you will want to plan ahead of time and pack yourself some snacks and beverages.
Best Beachfront Villas in Petit Cul-de-Sac
- Barthelemy Estate has private access to the beach, complementing the infinite extra-long pools with panoramic sea views. It is ideal for a very large family, several couples, or a group of friends.
- Lagon Jaune offers distant amazing views of Tortue Island and St-Martin, just a short walk from the beach.
- Open Space lives up to its name offering simple contemporary luxury with the ever so free feeling of open air and natural flow and is only a five minute walk to the beach.