This is not an escape from everyday life. It is the return to a life well lived. Where rugged luxury meets unregulated freedom. A place to connect with something larger than oneself. A haven for the adventurer, for the wanderer. The endlessly passionate and curious. Arrive with an open heart and leave changed forever. This is vacation with a purpose. A destination with meaning. This is Nihi Sumba.
Tucked away in the trees. Complete peace. Complete quiet. Dramatic views. Your own private outdoor lounge and large swimming pool. Welcome to Wamoro. Your stately jungle hideaway.
Two Bedroom Villa
The two bedroom villa features its own private entrance and king sized canopy beds. The large, shared outdoor bale complete with private dining area, bar, kitchen and a separate bathroom sits alongside the hero of the Wamoro property: a large infinity pool that with spectacular views.
|Category||Date Range||Rate||Min stay|
|Mid||Apr 17 2021 to May 31 2021||$2,245 per Night||7 Nights|
|High||Jun 1 2021 to Aug 31 2021||$4,195 per Night||7 Nights|
|Mid||Sep 1 2021 to Dec 15 2021||$2,245 per Night||7 Nights|
|Christmas | New Year's||Dec 16 2021 to Jan 7 2022||$4,195 per Night||7 Nights|
|Low||Jan 8 2022 to Mar 31 2022||$2,245 per Night||7 Nights|
|Check-in time:||14:00||Check-out time:||11:00|
• Infinity pool.
• Pool side lounge area.
• Private dining area, bar, and kitchen.
• King size canopy beds.
The villas at the resort are designed to offer guests the utmost comfort and luxury during their stay. With that in mind, every villa is equipped with an array of amenities that includes:
• Mini bar: one full re-stock per day, including beer and spirits.
• A beach bag, sandals, and a yoga mat.
• A butler.
• Wireless internet access.
• Overhead fans, insect repellent, air-conditioning and a personal safe.
In addition, guests of the resort get access to the following complimentary resort amenities:
• Scheduled excursions and activities on land.
• Sea activities: paddle boarding, snorkeling around Nihi Sumba Island beach.
• Group yoga and meditation classes.
• Laundry services (dry cleaning is not available at the resort).
• All meals - breakfast, lunch, and dinner, snacks, and all non-alcoholic beverages.
|Suite 1||1 King||2 Guests|
|Suite 2||1 King||2 Guests|
|Bathroom 1||Toilet, Tub, Outdoor Shower|
|Bathroom 2||Toilet, Tub, Outdoor Shower|
Nihi Sumba, Indonesia
• Nihi Yoga| Yoga is an integral part of the Nihi Sumba Island experience and the design of our yoga pavilion reflects just that: a breathtaking platform set atop a cliff side ridge offers sweeping views of Nihiwatu Beach on the Indian Ocean. The schedule created by Nihi’s Yoga & Wellness Director, Mary Tilson caters to all levels, honoring limitations while also elevating each student their highest potential through an integrated journey of body, mind and spirit. Complimentary group classes are offered daily on the hilltop pavilion including Hatha, Vinyasa Flow, Restorative, Yin Yoga and Meditation. Private bookings are also available in the privacy of guests villas or one of the awe-inspiring locations around the island.
• Nihi Spa| Perched above the crashing waves of the Indian ocean, our Boathouse Spa is an experience not to be missed. We offer a range of treatments from manicures and pedicures to our signature Nihi massage that can be enjoyed on site as well as in the privacy of your own room or any one of our picturesque spa bales that punctuate the property.
• Ombak|The hub of social activity is the main sandy-floored Ombak (meaning wave front) restaurant and bar lounge. Ombak, an exquisitely crafted open-air restaurant, serves a la carte breakfast and dinner daily with a relaxed convivial atmosphere. During the week we create special dining experiences including spectacular BBQs. The large outside deck, cantilevered over the ocean, offers relaxed lounge seating and a spectacular private dining experience, The Nest, perched on the crest of the ocean, perfect for a romantic dinner or an intimate group meal.
• Nio Beach Club & Pool| Just bare footsteps from the sea, the Nio Beach Club offers open-aired pavilions and the Kapten’s Goa (Captain’s Cave) serving the highest quality of fresh ingredients for lunch: whether it is a fish just caught from sea, delicious vegetables and legumes from Nihi's three thriving organic gardens, items from the grill, daily rotisserie or freshly made pizzas from our wood fired clay oven, the Chef and his brigade will satiate your appetite with sumptuously healthy dishes.
• Kaboku| Visit Kaboku for an intimate meal of fresh caught seafood, Omakase style. Watch Nihi's sushi chefs prepare an assortment of catch-of-the-day, against a backdrop of brilliant sunsets and a roaring beach fire. The chic structure captures a high-end Japanese sushi bar environment, while surrounded by the signature open-air resort ambiance. Limited to six people per seating, the restaurant is open five nights a week from 6pm until 10pm, with advance reservations. The seven-course menu of local ingredients also includes avocado tofu, shrimp dumplings, Teriyaki dishes, miso soup, desserts, and more. Try the sake and wine pairing with your meal.
• Chocolate Factory| You wouldn’t believe it at first but there is a Charly who actually does own a chocolate factory in Bali. Of course Nihi found him and, with the hectares of cocoa plantations growing in Sumba, invited Charly to re-create a twin on the grounds of Nihi Sumba Island. Rumors has it it that Charly lives and sleeps among the trees of Nihi Sumba Island chocolate factory. So what greater partnership than one with cocoa plantations, chocolate turtles and Nihi's own hot cocoa!
• Spa Safari| Tailored to indulge each one of your senses, the NihiOka spa safari is a one of a kind experience not to be missed. The day begins just after sunrise with a 90-minute trek through rolling countryside hills, expansive rice fields and a traditional Sumbanese village where guests have the special opportunity to meet the villagers and buy local crafts. After the trek, a fleet of staff bearing cold towels and fresh coconuts usher you to a dining area cantilevered over a private coastline where a full breakfast is served. After breakfast your spa therapist will show you to your private cliff side room. Once settled, you may choose to enjoy a swim in the ocean or simply dive right in to your selection of treatments, which range from body wraps and scrubs to 90 minute massages and an organic facial. Ultimately the day is centered around you: your wants and your needs at whatever pace truly allows you to unwind. Guests are driven in open air vehicles back to the resort as the sun sets, having experienced both adventure and serenity in equal measure.
• Horseback Riding| An equine community, horses are the soul of Sumba. Nihi’s state of the art equestrian facility, Sandalwood Stables, offers the perfect vacation for horse lovers. Nihi's resident horse whisperer, Carolyn Sharpe, has handpicked an exceptional team of local sport horses ready to carry guests off into the sunset and beyond. Depending on the time of year, guests might be lucky enough to see one of the foals in training! Trail rides include Nihiwatu Beach at sunset, a beach-to-bush outing through local villages with stunning views of the coastline, select day trips to Rice Island or NihiOka Spa Safari (weather permitting), and a visit to neighboring Coconut Cove for a gallop through calm waves. Inquire about our equine meditation program.
• Surfing| Nihi Sumba Island is host to one of the world’s most coveted private waves. Known as “God’s Left,” or often “Occy’s Left” (after Australian surfer Mark Occhilupo), the wave is popular for its character. Even for the most experienced surfer it presents a challenge because it is so sensitive to different conditions: tides, size, strength, and direction. Catching a good ride isn’t as easy as it looks, but once you make the right pick, the reward is a 200m to 300m long and often thrilling ride down the line through sections of ripple walls and heaving barrels. We reserve the amount of surfers to 10 per day, adding to the special experience. The wave has been a popular one for avid, recreational, and professional surfers for decades. Novice and first-time surfers can still get their feet wet with lessons on Occy’s, depending on the swell. Calmer waters can often be found at nearby Coconut Cove, where surfers can spend half a day with breakfast or lunch and do some light surfing, then be driven back to the resort.
• Fishing| The Indian Ocean’s underwater sea life is dynamic and intense, yet inspires stillness and harmony. Discover its exotic energy and beautiful wildlife with any one of Nihi's individual activities, or a tailored package for enthusiasts. Deep sea fishing off of the coast of Nihi produces some impressive catches. The resort's offshore eco-systems provide an active deep sea fishing excursion for big game enthusiasts. Nihi's expert boatmen and local fishermen will locate the most active spots, and assist with prep and line as needed. Set out early in the morning and your catch will be ready for lunch! For the more intrepid guest, a two-hour spearfishing class combines sport with the awe of the underwater world. If you prefer to relax on the water, enjoy a scenic boat ride with a breakfast or lunchtime troll, then jump in the water for a swim with colorful fish.
• Paddle Boarding| At Nihi, we love paddle boarding for its refreshing way to explore the island: on the lake, down the river, or in the ocean. On Nihi's most popular excursion, paddle board with water buffalo and float past everyday village life along the banks of the Wanukaka River. After a 30-minute scenic drive descending through the Wanukaka Valley, guests will receive paddle gear and instruction and be escorted by several guides, who will help acquaint you with the curiosity of little pirates! Playful young children with beaming smiles eagerly await the arrival of Nihi guests, and jump in the river to greet them. This particular activity is offered during the green season, however guests can paddle board all year round on the private 2.5km stretch of Nihi’s beach.
Talk to us: 1-800-208-5097