The Val d’Orcia, a UNESCO heritage site, is a blessed Tuscan land with a rich cultural heritage. Its perched castles, medieval villages and uncontaminated landscapes enchant anyone who comes across them. Not to mention the food produced here, the famous Pecorinos and the golden honey, or its wine Orcia D.O.C. and the Brunello; and lastly, its ancient beneficial thermal waters that run under this fertile land. These are few reasons why Val d’Orcia is a beautiful area to visit. In this part of the region, among ancient olive trees, within a wine producing estate, is set Villa Rovea, peaceful and serene, looking out to the calming views of the valleys and the town of Montalcino in the distance. Traditional in style, this brick-constructed villa, exudes Tuscan flair in abundance. If you are looking to embrace a slower time enriched by plenty picturesque sites to visit, and good food and wine to taste, do no think twice and stay at Villa Rovea.
|Category||Date Range||Rate||Min stay|
|Nov 1 - Jan 7, 2022||Nov 1 2021 to Jan 7 2022||€8,365 per Week||7 Nights|
|Jan 8 - Apr 22, 2022||Jan 8 2022 to Apr 22 2022||€8,400 per Week||7 Nights|
|Apr 23 - May 27, 2022||Apr 23 2022 to May 27 2022||€10,500 per Week||7 Nights|
|May 28 - Aug 26, 2022||May 28 2022 to Aug 26 2022||€11,900 per Week||7 Nights|
|Aug 27 - Sep 23, 2022||Aug 27 2022 to Sep 23 2022||€11,200 per Week||7 Nights|
|Sep 24 - Oct 28, 2022||Sep 24 2022 to Oct 28 2022||€10,500 per Week||7 Nights|
|Oct 29 - Jan 6, 2023||Oct 29 2022 to Jan 6 2023||€8,400 per Week||7 Nights|
|Damage waiver||$149 Flat|
|Check-in time:||16:00||Check-out time:||10:00|
Please inquire for stays less than 7 nights.
Rovea is equipped with an array of included amenities and services:
• Housekeeping 5 hrs/day, 5 days/week
• Unlimited Wi-Fi internet access (available indoor and outdoor)
• Full gardening and pool cleaning service
• Basketball nets
Amenities and services available upon request (extra charge):
• Heating charged upon consumption
• Extra housekeeping
• Personal laundry
• Cook services
• Cost of food and beverages
|Bedroom 1||1 King||2 Guests||Additional Info|
|Bedroom 2||1 King||2 Guests||Additional Info|
|Bedroom 3||1 King||2 Guests||Additional Info|
|Bedroom 4||2 Single||2 Guests||Additional Info|
|Bedroom 5||1 King||2 Guests||Additional Info|
|Bedroom 6||1 King||2 Guests||Additional Info|
|Bedroom 7||1 Queen||2 Guests||Additional Info|
|Bedroom 8||2 Single||2 Guests||Additional Info|
|Bedroom 9||1 King||2 Guests||Additional Info|
|Bedroom 10||1 Queen||2 Guests||Additional Info|
|Bathroom 1||Toilet, Shower|
|Bathroom 2||Toilet, Shower|
|Bathroom 3||Toilet, Shower|
|Bathroom 4||Toilet, Tub|
|Bathroom 5||Toilet, Shower|
|Bathroom 6||Toilet, Shower|
|Bathroom 7||Toilet, Shower|
|Bathroom 8||Toilet, Shower|
• Nearest Airport: Florence Peretola 1 h 38 min
• Nearest serviced town: 10 min
• Nearest major city: Siena 48 min
• Driving time estimated by Google Maps
The medieval town of Siena is built across several hills and valleys; that's why you will find yourself walking up and down through its historical center. The lack of car traffic makes Siena a wonderful place to stroll, especially with kids! Despite sometimes being packed with tourists, the city always has a quiet and easygoing feel. A must-see is the shell-shaped square called Il Campo. This is the focal point of the city and the perfect setting to snap your Instagram photos while enjoying an over-sized gelato. This is also the venue of the internationally renowned horse race, The Palio, which takes place on July 2nd and again on August 16th each year.
Visit San Gimignano, famous for its skyline, and Volterra, renown for alabaster artifacts. The small fortress cities within easy driving distance of one another, each offer their own special appeal. The medieval walled city of Monteriggioni – for example – was built in the 13th century and it is known to be one of the most well preserved ancient fortifications in Italy, which is why it is a preferred destination for plenty of tourists, scholars, architects and archeologists from all over Europe.
WHERE TO EAT
• Osteria Le Logge - Excellent Tuscan cuisine at elegant old-world restaurant. The best tables are on the ground floor, but there is also outdoor seating. Delicious handmade fresh pastas (small portions). Don't miss the desserts! Watch out for the small step down as you walk in!
• Via del Porrione 33, Siena - +39 0577 480 13
• Enoteca I Terzi - casual atmosphere under a vaulted ceiling, market to table seasonal ingredients divinely cooked, extensive selection of wine.
• Via dei Termini, Siena - +39 0577 44329
• Il colombaio - Michelin starred restaurant (in 2016!) in a very traditional sophisticated atmosphere. Outdoor seating also available.
• Localita Colombaio, Casole d'Elsa - +39 0577 949002
• Villa Dievole great restaurant with excellent food, set in a wine and extra virgin olive estate. Not only you can buy wine and olive oil produced on the estate, they can even ship it internationally.
• Località Dievole, 6 (fraz. Vagliagli) Castelnuovo Berardenga - +39 0577 322613
Officina della Cucina Popolare This restaurant sits right inside the ancient medieval city walls of Colle di Val d'Elsa. Just a two minute walk from the free parking areas nearby the city gate called Porta Nuova. The menus are seasonal and utilize fresh local ingredients grown by nearby farmers. Enjoy true Tuscan food.
• Via Gracco del Secco 86, Colle di Val d'Elsa - +39 0577 921 796
WHERE TO SHOP
• Handmade Crystal: Collevilca – besides purchasing their products, take a factory tour available from Monday to Friday and watch the artisans hand-blowing their creations.
• Loc. San Marziale, 24, Colle di Val D’Elsa – +39 0577 927 204
• Alabaster Houseware: Alab’Arte, an artisanal bottega where one-of-a-kind pieces are created.
• Via degli Orti di San Agostino, Volterra -+39 0588 879 68
• The best gelato: Gelateria di Piazza in San Gimignano it’s one of the most famous ice cream shops in all of Italy. Award-winning master ice cream maker Sergio Dondoli uses seasonal ingredients to create some unusual flavors.
• Piazza Della Cisterna 4, San Gimignano - +39 0577 942244
• Specialty Food shop: Pizzicheria de Miccoli - Located in Siena historic center, it is very well known for its special selection of Tuscan cured meats.
• Via di Citta 95, Siena - +39 0577 246948
Talk to us: 1-800-208-5097