Villa Asta is a fully staffed five-bedroom residence an easy walk from Batubelig Beach on Bali's south-west coast, and a five-minute drive from Seminyak.
With a spectacular free-form swimming pool, a large plunge pool, massive games room, TV room, and membership of the Finns Recreation Club, Villa Asta is perfect for active families or groups of friends who seek R&R with lots of entertainment options in a sociable environment with space and plenty of privacy.
Villa Asta weaves its magic the moment you walk through the entrance and glimpse the pool, shimmering beyond a waterfall, framed within a circular opening in the wall. Flowing water features are everywhere; in addition to the dramatic free-form swimming pool at the villa's heart, there is a 12-metre plunge pool next to the master bedroom pavilion, linked by an expanse of koi ponds to the two open-sided living and dining pavilions.
This is a fantastic villa for families - it was designed by internationally renowned architect Guy Morgan for two friends seeking a place for their young families to holiday together, so there is plenty to amuse kids (of all ages) as well as lots of welcome grown-up space. And parents can relax and enjoy their holiday knowing their children are having a great time within the secure villa grounds.
The main pool provides plenty of entertainment, with shallow tiers for wallowing and a deep section beneath a two-storey thatched bale with a viewing platform looking out over the rice fields. At the far end of the pool the huge upper-floor games room also promises hours of fun, with its pool table, table tennis, home theatre and computer. Just behind is a badminton/volleyball court - a complete kids' zone!
Below the games room, three twin bedrooms can be converted to kings making them equally suitable for adults (each also has two handy roll-away beds for extra young guests). Providing a calm environment at the other end of the villa is the two-bedroom master pavilion with its own large plunge pool.
With so much on offer, there is little call to leave the villa - especially because among the delightfully professional staff is an excellent chef adept at whipping up meals that would give some of Bali's famed restaurants a run for their money. But it's good to know Batubelig Beach is only a short walk away, and a car and driver is available for an additional cost to whisk guests to nearby Seminyak, or further afield to explore the island.
Villa Asta's generous accommodation is spread across four pavilions set around two swimming pools separated by koi ponds. At one end of the garden a two-storey pavilion houses three guest bedroom suites and, above, an enormous open-sided games room with kitchenette and shower room. A single-storey pavilion with two master bedroom suites sits at the other end, reached via flagstones across koi ponds and a bridge across the second swimming pool. In between is double-decker poolside bale, an open-sided living pavilion, and a separate dining pavilion with service kitchen, bar and adjacent TV room/study.
The immaculately maintained garden is dominated by a dramatic free-form swimming pool, with a swim-under waterfall and shallow tier stepping down into the deepest section, immediately beneath the poolside bale. Shaded by a thatched roof, this elevated, two-storey pavilion offers spectacular rice-field views from the top. A circular timber deck rests beside the pool, complete with sun loungers and umbrellas. At the far end of the garden is a walled grass court suitable for playing badminton, tennis, volleyball, football and other games.
• Poolside bale
• Telephone for local calls (international calls charged to guests)
• Computers (2) and printer
• A priced menu of Asian and Western cuisine. Requests accommodated (including special diets).
• Villa Asta is exceptionally well equipped for families. Facilities include high chairs, baby cots, and playpen with toys.
• On request, treatments selected from a comprehensive spa menu can be carried out by professional beauty therapists in the privacy of the villa (extra costs apply).
• Events for up to 80 people (50 sitting) can be held within the villa’s spacious gardens.
• Daily breakfast
• Wireless internet access
• Car and driver at a special rate of $35 per day for eight hours (excluding gas)
• Welcome drink and fruit basket
• Turndown service
• Personal service by the villa staff including a full time manager, housekeeper, Chef/cook, security and attendants
• Exclusive use of the whole villa and listed facilities
|Suite 1 | Master||1 King||2 Guests||Additional Info|
|Suite 2 | Master||1 King||2 Guests||Additional Info|
|Suite 3||2 Single||2 Guests||Additional Info|
|Suite 4||2 Single||2 Guests||Additional Info|
|Suite 5||2 Single||2 Guests||Additional Info|
|Bathroom 1 | Master||Toilet, Tub, Shower|
|Bathroom 2 | Master||Toilet, Tub, Shower|
|Bathroom 3||Toilet, Shower|
|Bathroom 4||Toilet, Shower|
|Bathroom 5||Toilet, Shower|
|Bathroom 6 | Half||Toilet|
Villa Asta is less than 10-minutes' walk from Batubelig Beach on Bali’s south-western coast. Seminyak, with its wide choice of internationally-renowned restaurants including Metis, Sardine, Sarong, La Lucciola and Ku De Ta is a short drive away, as is the Finns Recreation Club where guests enjoy complimentary membership.
0.5 km to Batubelig Beach
1.7 km to Finns Recreation Club
5 km to Seminyak
10 km to Kuta
13 km to Ngurah Rai Airport (DPS)
33 km to Ubud
• It is possible to walk the sands of Seminyak's Petitenget beach all the way to Kuta in the south, or north to Canggu. The beach is more popular with locals than tourists (not safe for swimming in most sections), but is a great spot for building sandcastles or to watch the sunset as you sip a cocktail from one of the many beach side bars.
• Sports enthusiasts should head to Bali's prestigious Finns Recreation Club, with its state-of-the-art gym and tennis and squash courts. Round off your workout with some fine international dining, then stock up on gourmet goodies at the nearby Canggu Deli.
• Be sure to visit mystical Hotel Tugu Bali at Canggu Beach. Bali's first museum hotel is studded with priceless Indonesian artworks and antiques and its award-winning spa offers age-old Eastern therapies. If you are planning a honeymoon, this makes a wonderful first night venue.
• The most exclusive Bali trekking tour promises breath-taking vistas and heart-warming encounters while supporting sustainable social change in the once-forgotten villages of Muntigunung.
• Make the de rigueur pilgrimage to sacred Pura Tanah Lot, one of Bali's biggest tourist magnets. Perched high on a craggy, wave-lashed rock, this ancient sea temple is best savored at sunset but is less busy in the mornings; be sure to receive a blessing from the Hindu priests.
• Fashionistas, trendies and shopaholics should hot-foot it down to Seminyak, Bali's most cosmopolitan enclave. Here, you can indulge for hours in the glut of stylish, chic boutiques. There is a wide choice of fine dining, mid range, and cheap ‘n cheerful restaurants in Seminyak too: fine dining venues include Sarong, the famous Ku De Ta, Mama San, La Lucciola, Sardine and Metis.
• Drive westwards to explore the charming Tabanan regency, revealing terraced rice fields of emerald green, volcanic mountains and black-sand beaches dotted with fishing communities. Or head north to explore the volcanic lakes near the mountain town of Bedugul, including Lake Bratan with its photogenic and stunningly positioned Pura Ulun Danu – one of Bali’s most important temples.
• Explore Bali's backroads, lakes, volcanoes, forests and beaches on the back of a Harley Davidson bike with Island Biker Tours. Full day Harley tours, customized tours or shorter joy rides can all be accommodated.
• With its warm seas, almost year around season, relatively uncrowded beach and reef breaks and suitability for all levels of experience, Bali surfing is world renowned. There are surf schools aplenty in the Seminyak Kuta area, so why not sign up for a course and learn how to ride the waves?
• Covering 3.8 hectares of tropical parkland in Kuta, Waterbom Bali has 16 water slides (including The Climax with its 360 degree loop) to entertain the young and the young at heart. A great family day out, but go early to beat the crowds.
Talk to us: 1-800-208-5097