Magnificent part of a family historical chateau in Normandy with a heated swimming pool, tennis court and all the comfort necessary to host up to 16 guests.
Surrounded by seven hectares (17 acres) of grounds, this magnificent chateau in Normandy has a heated swimming pool and all the comfort guests could wish indoors and outdoors.
Listed as a 17th century monument, the castle and its grounds have been in the same family for 500 years, the most recent Comte and Comtesse occasionally occupy a private wing of the chateau.
The property itself is like a jewel in the midst of lush greenery: guests will enjoy strolling through the landscaped gardens surrounding the castle, planted with rare trees and scattered with romantic 19th century 'follies', including a stream and a small child size stone manor. There is also a chapel, a temple to Neptune, and a terrace on the bank of the stream.
Vegetable gardens are housed in superb 19th century greenhouses, while the beautiful heated swimming pool has elegant Roman steps. And near the pool, is the pool-house with toilets, shower, basin and changing room.
The estate also counts a covered games room, swings, and a sandbox. The extensive surrounding grounds are cultivated fields and apple groves belonging to the chateau.
As evoked previously, the owners sometimes occupy a private wing of the chateau, the rental area, dedicated to guests counts 600 aquare metres of living area. There, the decoration tastefully combines local crafts (such as traditional hand molded tiles) and the most prestigious names in international interior design: Rubelli fabrics, Murano chandeliers, Aubusson-style carpets, and more. There are also many period antiques and furnishings designed by the owner himself, who is an architect.
On the ground floor, there is a double entrance hall in Carrara marble. To the right of the hall is a spacious dining room, seating up to 20 guests. And then, a large kitchen is fully equipped with microwave, oven, stove, dishwasher, coffee maker, and a table seating eight. At the back of the kitchen is the boiler room.
To the left of the entrance hall, there is a large warm Italian drawing-room with two luxurious sofas, TV, DVD player and billiard table. This salon has been decorated with historic arms. There are two guest toilets, each with a basin and a WC.
On the first floor, a wide landing opens onto a large drawing-room/library with Louis XVI wood paneling and a Carrara marble fireplace. There is also a Louis XV music and games room with different sitting areas; and guest toilet. The master bedroom sits on this floor too, it has been arranged with a double and an additional single bed, and is en-suite with separate WC.
On the second floor, the landing gives access to the seven remaining bedrooms. These seven bedrooms are with full en-suite bathrooms. Two of these bedrooms are single bedrooms with large single bed. Then, there are 4 double bedrooms, and one with a double bed and a single bed.
|Category||Date Range||Rate||Min stay|
|Aug 28 - Oct 30, 2021||Aug 28 2021 to Oct 30 2021||€10,879 per Week||5 Nights|
|Oct 30 - Jan 1, 2022||Oct 31 2021 to Dec 31 2021||€8,925 per Week||4 Nights|
|Jan 1 - Apr 1, 2022||Jan 1 2022 to Mar 31 2022||€10,500 per Week||4 Nights|
|Apr 1 - Jun 1, 2022||Apr 1 2022 to May 31 2022||€11,865 per Week||4 Nights|
|Jun 1 - Sep 1, 2022||Jun 1 2022 to Sep 1 2022||€12,301 per Week||7 Nights|
|Sep 1 - Nov 1, 2022||Sep 2 2022 to Nov 1 2022||€11,865 per Week||4 Nights|
|Nov 1 - May 1, 2023||Nov 2 2022 to May 1 2023||€10,801 per Week||4 Nights|
|Security Deposit||€3,000 Flat|
|Check-in time:||17:00||Check-out time:||10:00|
• Swimming pool is open and heated from 1st May to 30th September.
• There is no charge for heating the pool up to 25 °C (or 77 degrees F).
• Be aware: The owners keep for them a private wing (30% of the castle), the classified drawing-room where the Treaty was signed is part of it however guests may visit at the end of their stay with the agreement of the staff; They live in Paris and their stays never exceed 2 nights when guests are there; by habit they only arrive 1 night before guests leave on the Saturday morning. The owners are always pleased to meet guests before their departure (if they request it).
• House heating: During the low and mid season, there is a minimum heating provided in the castle (until 19°C). Over, it will be charged at extra cost.
• It is customary to tip the staff upon departure.
• Pets are not allowed. There is already one dog on the spot: Savanah, the mascot of the 'chateau', a Dane who lives with the caretaker.
• The commercial use of photographs is strictly forbidden.
Chateau Yvetot is equipped with an array of included amenities and services:
• Swimming pool is open from 1 May to 30 September.
• Telephone available (charge according to usage).
• 12 bicycles (two baby) are available for guest use.
• Housekeeping services (three hours per day, six days per week).
• Heating and electricity.
• Change of linens (Saturday).
• Change of bath towels (Wednesday).
• Final cleaning.
• Nuxe toiletries.
• Welcome basket with seasonal fruits, two bottles of wine and bottled water.
• Pool and garden maintenance.
Amenities and services available upon request (extra charge):
• Cook services (€12 per hour plus cost of food).
• Breakfast (€10 per person per day).
• In-house chef services (€75 per person, menu available).
• Babysitting services (€12 per hour).
• Shuttle services on request.
• Pool heating (please inquire).
Industry Association Recommended Cleaning Practice: Sanitary Protocol
|Suite 1 | Master||1 King||2 Guests|
|Suite 2||2 Single||2 Guests|
|Suite 3||1 Single||2 Guests|
|Suite 4||1 Queen||2 Guests|
|Suite 5||2 Single||2 Guests||Additional Info|
|Suite 6||1 Queen||2 Guests|
|Suite 7||1 Double||2 Guests|
|Suite 8||1 Double||2 Guests|
|Bathroom 1 | Master||Toilet, Tub, Shower|
|Bathroom 2||Toilet, Tub, Shower|
|Bathroom 3||Toilet, Tub, Shower|
|Bathroom 4||Toilet, Tub, Shower|
|Bathroom 5||Toilet, Tub, Shower|
|Bathroom 6||Toilet, Tub, Shower|
|Bathroom 7||Toilet, Tub, Shower|
|Bathroom 8||Toilet, Tub, Shower|
The Treaty of Cherbourg was signed between the American General Lawton Collins and the German General Von Schlieben on 24 June 1944, in this castle. But this castle is not only an historical place reminding the horrors of war, it's above all an amazing French chateau, which is located in a quiet countryside setting at the heart of the Cotentin peninsula.
The property is just at a few minutes by car from the small historical town of Valognes where basic shops are available, and where there are: a cultural centre and a music festival in August. The seaside and first bathing beaches are at around half an hour from the property, while a twenty minute drive will put you on the shores of Normandy, where the D-day landing took place.
In the vicinity of the chateau, you can enjoy a number of activities, including horseback riding, golf, tennis etc. The area is also ideal for visiting parks, historical properties, and cities such as Cherbourg, Sainte-Mere-Eglise, Bayeux, Coutances, Saint-Lo, Caen, and Saint-Malo.
330 km to Paris.
11 km to Caen.
60 km to Bayeux and Saint-Lo.
20 km to Cherbourg and Sainte-Mere-Eglise.
5 km to Valognes.
Talk to us: 1-800-208-5097