Magnificent part of a family historical chateau in Normandy with a heated swimming pool, tennis court and all the comfort necessary to host up to 16 guests.
Surrounded by seven hectares (17 acres) of grounds, this magnificent chateau in Normandy has a heated swimming pool and all the comfort guests could wish indoors and outdoors.
Listed as a 17th-century monument, the castle and its grounds have been in the same family for 500 years, the most recent Comte and Comtesse occasionally occupy a private wing of the chateau.
The property itself is like a jewel in the midst of lush greenery: guests will enjoy strolling through the landscaped gardens surrounding the castle, planted with rare trees and scattered with romantic 19th century 'follies', including a stream and a small child-size stone manor. There is also a chapel, a temple to Neptune, and a terrace on the bank of the stream.
Vegetable gardens are housed in superb 19th-century greenhouses, while the beautiful heated swimming pool has elegant Roman steps. And near the pool, is the pool-house with toilets, shower, basin and changing room.
|Category||Date Range||Rate||Min stay|
|Aug 30 - Oct 30, 2023||Aug 30 2023 to Oct 30 2023||€12,898 per Week||4 Nights|
|Oct 30 - Dec 22, 2023||Oct 31 2023 to Dec 21 2023||€12,760 per Week||4 Nights|
|Dec 22 - Jan 3, 2024||Dec 22 2023 to Jan 2 2024||€13,040 per Week||5 Nights|
|Jan 3 - Mar 31, 2024||Jan 3 2024 to Mar 31 2024||€13,590 per Week||4 Nights|
|Mar 31 - May 1, 2024||Apr 1 2024 to Apr 30 2024||€12,760 per Week||4 Nights|
|May 1 - Jun 1, 2024||May 1 2024 to May 31 2024||€12,898 per Week||7 Nights|
|Jun 1 - Aug 30, 2024||Jun 1 2024 to Aug 30 2024||€13,898 per Week||7 Nights|
|Aug 30 - Oct 30, 2024||Aug 31 2024 to Oct 30 2024||€12,898 per Week||4 Nights|
|Oct 30 - Dec 22, 2024||Oct 31 2024 to Dec 21 2024||€12,760 per Week||4 Nights|
|Dec 22 - Jan 3, 2025||Dec 22 2024 to Jan 3 2025||€13,040 per Week||5 Nights|
|Security Deposit||€3,000 Flat|
|Check-in time:||16:00||Check-out time:||10:00|
• Be aware: The owners keep for them a private wing (30% of the castle), the classified drawing-room where the Treaty was signed is part of it however guests may visit at the end of their stay with the agreement of the staff; They live in Paris and their stays never exceed 2 nights when guests are there; by habit they only arrive 1 night before guests leave on the Saturday morning. The owners are always pleased to meet guests before their departure (if they request it).
• House heating: During the low and mid season, there is a minimum heating provided in the castle (until 19°C). Over, it will be charged at extra cost.
• It is customary to tip the staff upon departure.
• Pets are not allowed. There is already one dog on the spot: Savanah, the mascot of the 'chateau', a Dane who lives with the caretaker.
• The commercial use of photographs is strictly forbidden.
Chateau Yvetot is equipped with an array of included amenities and services:
• Personal service by the villa staff including housekeepers and garden and pool maintenance
• Swimming pool is open and heated from 1st May to 30th September
• Welcome basket
Amenities and services available upon request (extra charge):
• Additional staff available at this villa includes a chef and babysitter
• Shuttle services on request
• Heating the pool above 25°C will be at extra cost
Industry Association Recommended Cleaning Practice: Sanitary Protocol
|Bedroom 1 | Primary||1 Queen
|Bedroom 2||2 Single||2 Guests|
|Bedroom 3||1 Single||2 Guests|
|Bedroom 4||1 Queen||2 Guests|
|Bedroom 5||2 Single||2 Guests||Additional Info|
|Bedroom 6||1 Queen||2 Guests|
|Bedroom 7||1 Double||2 Guests|
|Bedroom 8||1 Double||2 Guests|
|Bathroom 1 | Primary||Toilet, Tub, Shower||En-Suite|
|Bathroom 2||Toilet, Tub, Shower||En-Suite|
|Bathroom 3||Toilet, Tub, Shower||En-Suite|
|Bathroom 4||Toilet, Tub, Shower||En-Suite|
|Bathroom 5||Toilet, Tub, Shower||En-Suite|
|Bathroom 6||Toilet, Tub, Shower||En-Suite|
|Bathroom 7||Toilet, Tub, Shower||En-Suite|
|Bathroom 8||Toilet, Tub, Shower||En-Suite|
The Treaty of Cherbourg was signed between the American General Lawton Collins and the German General Von Schlieben on 24 June 1944, in this castle. But this castle is not only an historical place reminding the horrors of war, it's above all an amazing French chateau, which is located in a quiet countryside setting at the heart of the Cotentin peninsula.
The property is just at a few minutes by car from the small historical town of Valognes where basic shops are available, and where there are: a cultural centre and a music festival in August. The seaside and first bathing beaches are at around half an hour from the property, while a twenty minute drive will put you on the shores of Normandy, where the D-day landing took place.
In the vicinity of the chateau, you can enjoy a number of activities, including horseback riding, golf, tennis etc. The area is also ideal for visiting parks, historical properties, and cities such as Cherbourg, Sainte-Mere-Eglise, Bayeux, Coutances, Saint-Lo, Caen, and Saint-Malo.
330 km to Paris.
11 km to Caen.
60 km to Bayeux and Saint-Lo.
20 km to Cherbourg and Sainte-Mere-Eglise.
5 km to Valognes.
One of our villa experts will contact you to help you plan your unique villa experience.
Contact us at 1-800-208-5097
9:00 a.m. - 8:30 p.m. EST Mon - Fri