From the moment you descend the steep stone staircase that carves its way down the river gorge, Villa Maya Retreat will captivate you with its beauty and tranquility. Jungle vines hang from mature trees, moss and lichen cling to carved statues and a waterfall cascades all the way to the villa hidden below.
By the time you reach the villa it really sinks in that this is your own private paradise. A huge rust-red door swings open to reveal a lush and secluded oasis. Traditional thatch-roofed pavilions overlook the fast flowing Pepenet River and clusters of towering bamboo, while a 12-meter swimming pool with timber deck provides the perfect spot to soak up the forest ambiance.
With six stand-alone bedrooms, (three with plunge pools), Villa Maya Retreat is perfect for families, friends or groups looking to share their holiday experience but who also desire privacy and room to breathe. Designed with space in mind there are plenty of places to take in the views and absorb the solitude; from the curtained relaxation bales to the secret garden alcoves to the sunset lounge at the river's edge.
While the villa may be in an out-of-the-way rural setting, everything you need is at your fingertips. A full complement of staff, including an experienced chef, is on hand to prepare and serve delicious home-cooked Asian and Western meals. A car and driver is also on standby for those eager to explore the island or indulge in Seminyak's trendy restaurants, bars and shops (a 45 minute drive).
A stay at Villa Maya Retreat is not complete without exploring the pretty neighboring village of Cepaka, located in the heart of Bali's rice bowl. Here, guests are privy to local traditions that have been practiced for centuries. Whether it happens while you''re witnessing a temple ceremony, watching farmers tend their fields or simply playing with the village children in the street, it's hard not to fall under the spell of the Island of the Gods, its magic leaving you refreshed and rejuvenated for your return home.
|Local Tax and Service Charge||15.50%|
|Check-in time:||15:00||Check-out time:||12:00|
Inquire for more information regarding rates, taxes, or fees.
STAFF AND SERVICES
• Housekeeping services.
• Chef services.
• Gardening services.
• Villa manager.
• Night time security.
• Welcome drink and fruit basket upon arrival.
• Nightly turn-down service.
SERVICES AT AN ADDITIONAL COST
• Cost of food and beverages.
• Driver services: USD $35 per day for 8 hours.
|Suite 1|Master||1 King||2 Guests||Additional Info|
|Suite 2|Riverside||1 King||2 Guests||Additional Info|
|Suite 3|Riverside||1 King||2 Guests||Additional Info|
|Suite 4|Riverside||1 King||2 Guests||Additional Info|
|Suite 5|Upper Terrace||1 King||2 Guests||Additional Info|
|Suite 6|Upper Terrace||1 King||2 Guests||Additional Info|
|Bathroom 1|Master||Toilet, Tub, Shower|
|Bathroom 2|Riverside||Toilet, Shower|
|Bathroom 3|Riverside||Toilet, Shower|
|Bathroom 4|Riverside||Toilet, Shower|
|Bathroom 5|Upper Terrace||Toilet, Tub, Shower|
|Bathroom 6|Upper Terrace||Toilet, Tub, Shower|
Villa Maya Retreat is situated in a jungle-clad river gorge close to the village of Cepaka in Bali’s Tabanan Regency, known as Bali’s ‘rice bowl’ due to its vast terraced rice fields. This quaint village bordering the Penet River is a rare example of a traditional Balinese community untouched by tourism and the rapid development to the south of the island. Villa guests are accorded a privileged insight into the agricultural, religious and daily life of the friendly villagers. Just 12 kilometres away is the famed Tanah Lot sea temple while the nearest surf beaches, including Echo Beach, are about eight kilometres from the villa.
• Seminyak| Fashionistas, trendies and shop-a-holics should hot-foot it down to Seminyak, Bali’s most cosmopolitan enclave. Here, you can indulge for hours in the glut of stylish, chic boutiques. There is a wide choice of fine dining, mid range, and cheap ‘n cheerful restaurants in Seminyak too: fine dining venues include Sarong, the famous Ku Dé Ta, Mama San, La Lucciola, Sardine and Métis.
• Echo Beach| A nice sunset alternative is to head down to Echo Beach (8km) where a number of cafes offer good sunset views and cold beer. Note that the beach here is dark volcanic sand and the waters are better suited to surfing, having a pronounced swell and rip, rather than children’s swimming. Hotel Tugu, a very stylish and eclectic boutique hotel a few minutes further down the coast is also a good sunset spot.
• Tabanan Regency| Drive westwards to explore the charming Tabanan Regency, revealing terraced rice fields of emerald green, volcanic mountains and black-sand beaches dotted with fishing communities. Or head north to explore the volcanic lakes near the mountain town of Bedugul, including Lake Bratan with its photogenic and stunningly positioned Pura Ulun Danu – one of Bali’s most important temples.
Echo Beach| 8 km
• Canggu| 8 km
• Tanah Lot| 11 km
• Tabanan| 10 km
• Seminyak| 16 km
• Kuta| 20 km
• Ubud| 24 km
• Denpasar/ Airport| 24 km
Talk to us: 1-800-208-5097