COVID-19 Response:During these unprecedented times, the safety and well-being of our guests are our top priority. We've implemented more flexible payment and cancellation terms to support our guests. Read More.
Included during your stay at Cayman Sands is the Silver Thatch Membership. Guests can take advantage of a number of member benefits including unlimited use of Silver Thatch Fitness Centre and a $100 discount towards a Silver Thatch stingray/snorkel charter. See below for more details.
Cayman Sands is an oceanfront villa in Old Man Bay along the north coast. This popular villa is one of only two or three homes that offer shore scuba-diving off the famous Cayman Wall. With an open, one-story design, Cayman Sands offers guests an intimate experience across 4,000 square feet of living space, plus a one bedroom guest cottage.
The main house features four bedroom suites (king, queen, two twin beds, and four bunk beds) with en suite baths that have been completely re-tiled and renovated. For parties with more than four adult guests, the two twin beds can be converted to a king upon request. Both oceanfront suites have french doors that open up onto the screened pool atrium and sun deck. Cayman Sands was thoughtfully designed to be opened up on cool winter nights when air conditioning is not necessary.
The oceanfront freshwater pool is protected by a screened atrium keeping local wildlife and insects at bay from ruining your stay. Optional pool heat is available in the winter months for an additional surcharge. The pool atrium comes furnished with a sectional sofa and dining table perfect for evening cocktails or outdoor dining.
The view of the large sandy beach is framed by the two wings of the house, an oceanfront gazebo, and two hammocks ideal for long afternoons relaxing with a book or simply enjoying the views.
An oceanfront vaulted great room floods the villa with natural light and stunning views through 30 feet of sliding glass doors. A recently upgraded kitchen offers all the modern appliances you would expect, as well as dishware, cookware, and cutlery. The living area is furnished with a wall-mounted TV, plush couches, and a sleeper sofa for small children only.
The guest cottage features a queen master suite with kitchenette, screened porch, and a second-story balcony. The guest cottage is never rented separately to unrelated guests during your stay - it is there if you need it.
Cayman Sands can be rented in two configurations: as a four bedroom villa which includes the main house only for up to 12 people (maximum eight adults), or as a five bedroom villa to include the guest cottage for up to 14 people (maximum ten adults).
Silver Thatch Membership benefits include:
• Centralized on-island guest services and welcome centre
• Unlimited use of Silver Thatch Fitness Centre (must be 18 years of age)
• Business Centre access (computers, printer, scanner and Fedex/DHL supplies)
• Proprietary Silver Thatch guest discount card
• $100 discount towards a Silver Thatch stingray/snorkel charter
• Complimentary use of snorkel equipment
• Jacques Scott Wine & Spirits pre-order and hold for check-in
• Referral to preferred vendors, guest services desk assistance
• Day-after-arrival guest services follow-up
• Complimentary early check-in (if no check out on same day)
• Gilchrist & Soames bath products
• Pre-stocking of groceries & beverages (delivery fee applies)
• Arrange Chefs, cooks, babysitting and family photography
• Complimentary pack-n-plays, booster seats and baby gates
• Additional tandem kayaks available for discounted rental (signed waiver and five day minimum required with sixth and seventh day free, paddles included! $39 per day per kayak ($195 per guest per week)
Special Health and Safety Measures
Disinfectant used for cleaning
Enhanced cleaning practices
High-touch surfaces disinfected
Linens washed at high-temp
Min 24 hours between stays
Industry Association Recommended Cleaning Practice: SafeHome