Punta Cana Resort & Club, Dominican Republic
Puntacana Resort & Club is a resort and residential community located in Punta Cana, La Altagracia Province, Dominican Republic; established in 1969 by businessman and hotelier Frank Rainieri and Theodore Kheel, a New York labor lawyer. The area now encompasses over 15,000 acres and includes Tortuga Bay Hotel, The Westin Puntacana, a Six Senses Spa, an ecological reserve, five residential communities, restaurants, a full-service marina, two golf courses and the Punta Cana International Airport.
A charming vibrant community in the country’s leading tourist region, far from the hustle and bustle of the city, but with all the facilities and services of a major urban area, including an international school, a Four Points by Sheraton Hotel, a retail and dining galleria, churches, financial institutions, medical centers, and a gym.
Puntacana Village is just a two-minute drive from the Punta Cana International Airport, a few kilometers from the Puntacana Resort & Club and a short distance from the access road to the Coral Highway. It covers an area of 3.4 million square meters and is currently home to 750 families, or approximately 2,500 people. The community consists mainly of tourism sector executives, business entrepreneurs, property developers and young families wishing to provide their children with a better quality of life, in a family atmosphere and with respect for nature. The Village is divided into four phases, each with its particular features, ranging from single-family villas, clusters of townhouses with a children’s play areas, baseball and soccer fields, gym, swimming pool, residential buildings, and clusters of single-family villas. It also includes an area earmarked for professional buildings, including the country’s main banks, law firm offices, and tour operators.
RESTAURANTS | BARS
• Enjoy AAA Three Diamond Award-winning La Yola restaurant, serving the freshest Mediterranean cuisine and seafood in an elegant setting. Modeled on a fishing boat, La Yola restaurant perches on the sea at the Puntacana Resort & Club Marina, with magnificent views of the sparkling turquoise waters. Open for lunch from 12 PM to 3 PM, dinner from 7 PM to 10:30 PM and Happy Hour from 5 PM to 7 PM.
• For a truly special dining experience, visit the AAA Four Diamond Award-winning Bamboo restaurant, tucked away at the exclusive Tortuga Bay. The unique menu blends locally sourced food with Mediterranean influences for a variety of innovative fusion dishes in a cozy, graceful setting designed by Oscar de la Renta. Vegetables served at Bamboo are grown in our own organic gardens. Open for breakfast from 6:30 AM to 11 AM, lunch from 12 PM to 5:45 PM and dinner from 7 PM to 11 PM.
• Playa Blanca is located beachside on the Caribbean sea. This tropical restaurant and bar serves fresh local seafood, grilled meats, and cocktails for lunch and dinner daily. Live music by local musicians featured weekly. Open for lunch from 12 PM to 2 PM and dinner from 7 PM to 10:30 PM. The bar is open from 12 PM to 10:30 PM.
• Anani restaurant offers contemporary breakfast, lunch and dinner. Open for breakfast from 6:30 AM to 11 AM and lunch and dinner from 12 PM to 10:30 PM.
• The Brassa Grill & Bar showcases American heritage such as USDA Prime steaks. Open for lunch from 12 PM to 5 PM and dinner from 6 PM to 11 PM.
• Located right in the beautiful La Cana Golf & Beach Club, Los Platanos is the perfect place to unwind after a round of eighteen. Featuring premium Dominican rums and the freshest local cigars, Los Platanos provides a true taste of the Dominican Republic in an elegant and relaxing setting. Open daily from 7 AM to 8 PM.
SIX SENSES SPA
Puntacana Resort & Club is proud to be the only location within the Americas to feature the world renowned Six Senses Spa, located in La Cana Golf & Beach Club. Six Senses Spa and Wellness Center. With indoor, individual or couples accommodations, the La Cana Golf & Beach Club spa features an array of treatment rooms. All are serene, peaceful settings in which you can enjoy the rejuvenating therapies of our international team. Whether you are undergoing a facial treatment or embarking on a Sensory Spa Journey, the La Cana Golf & Beach Club spa offers total tranquility for your heavenly Six Senses experience.
Our customized indoor individual or couple treatment areas include luxurious baths that create the perfect Zen ambiance for your complete revitalization. Indulge in a single signature massage or hot stone therapy and you will understand why no one questions Six Senses’ status as the globe’s premier spa and wellness center.
Enjoy the ultimate fusion of relaxation and convenience with our Six Senses in-room service. Six Senses is considered the world’s premier spa and wellness center. You can experience the magic of their renowned six sphere philosophy in the comfort of your own villa. Just make a phone call and set up an appointment. One of our master therapists will meet you in your guest room and help you drift into a state of total bliss and relaxation.
Rid yourself of stress and elevate your well-being with a Puntacana Resort & Club and Six Senses Spa Package. It’s the ultimate in healing, relaxation, pampering and rejuvenation, all within our gorgeous Dominican paradise.
Playa Blanca is located beachside on the Caribbean sea. Next to the homonym restaurant and bar which serves fresh local seafood, grilled meats, and cocktails for lunch and dinner daily. Once you get to the beach you can pick some deck chairs for free to lay back and enjoy the pristine water, the permanent gentle breeze and the palms dancing on the wind.
La Cana Golf & Beach Club
After a challenging round, you can retire to the 19th Hole Terrace, part of the gorgeous La Cana Golf & Beach Club designed by Oscar de la Renta. Grab a drink, and watch other foursomes battle the 18th hole along the picturesque, turquoise backdrop of the Caribbean Sea. Then retire to the high-ceiling, comfortable clubhouse for a game of backgammon or hit the showers in our elegant locker rooms.
Corales Golf Club
Designed by Tom Fazio and opened in 2010, Corales is an exclusive and dramatic 18-hole course with six Caribbean Oceanside holes. Designed along the natural cliffs, bays, ocean coves and the inland lakes and coralina quarries, Corales Golf Course rates among the World’s finest Golf Experiences. The exhilarating challenge culminates playing the Devil's Elbow, Corales's last three holes. The Devil's Elbow features the striking eighteenth hole with a dramatic forced carry over the cliff lined Bay of Corales, an inspired capstone to a memorable and breathtaking golf experience.
La Cana Golf Club
La Cana Golf Club is a 27 holes golf course consisting of three nines; Tortuga, Hacienda and Arrecife. This Punta Cana golf course features 14 holes with ocean views of the crystal blue Caribbean Sea. Designed by P.B. Dye, this course has become a favorite of golfers from all over the world, and keeping in line with Puntacana Resort & Club's efforts to be as environmentally friendly as possible, La Cana Golf Club was the first course in the Caribbean to use paspalum, a grass seed that can be watered using sea water. Golf Magazine has compared La Cana to Pebble Beach and declared it the 'number one course in the Caribbean.'
The Oscar de La Renta Tennis Center offers a variety of programs targeting each age and stage for tennis development. Within the tennis center, some of the amenities offered are tennis pro-shop, a Snack Bar, 12 tennis courts and a fully equipped TechnoGym.
The tennis center has 14 ball boys to chase tennis balls, seven ball boy players for match playing and three professional assistants ready for private, semi-private, camps, groups, singles and doubles strategy lessons
There are also nine clay courts, one Har-Tru court, one natural grass court and one hard surface deco-turf court. Four of these tennis courts were built under the IFT standards, where players from the ATP can enjoy their vacations and practice for any of the four grand-slam tennis tournaments.