As travel restrictions around the globe ease up and many popular destinations are ready to welcome travellers again, it is important to be aware of the policies and regulations put in place to ensure the safety of visitors and residents. Some destinations have confirmed “opening dates” when tourism will officially resume and many have included additional entry requirements and health checks.
To better assist with your planning, we have summarized all the information at our disposal, showing our popular destinations and the current travel requirements. We will be updating this list frequently as more destinations begin to open to tourists and new regulations are announced.
- Open to guests as of June 1st
- All guests must be tested for Covid-19. You can pay $100 for free test at the airport upon arrival and quarantine in your rental for 24 hours until you get the results; or you can quarantine at your rental for the first 14 days of your stay.
- Masks are mandatory in public areas
- For more information: https://ab.gov.ag/detail_page.php?page=42
- Open to guests as of July 7th
- Must show negative Covid-19 results from a test taken within 7 days of arrival.
- Temperature checks at arrival points
- All guests must fill out a questionnaire, or “travel health card,” before flying for government approval.
- Open to guests as of July 12th
- Guests must complete ED form at travelform.gov.bb & submit 24 hours prior to travel
- All guests over the age of 5 will be required to submit a negative Covid-19 PCR antigen test from an accredited or certified facility/laboratory within 72 hours of travel.
Guests without Covid-19 test will need to have one on arrival:
High Risk Countries – tested at airport free of charge. Need to remain at airport until results are available
Moderate Risk Countries – tested at airport free of charge, or approved satellite site/hotel for $150. Can wait at airport for the results, or at a designated hotel at your own expense.
Low Risk Countries – Tested at airport for free, or approved satellite site/hotel for $150. Can await results at airport or a designated holding hotel at your own expense.
- Travelers who do not have a negative test and do not opt for testing will not be allowed to enter Barbados.
- Specific travelers who have non-standard circumstances that need to be addressed, are advised to contact The Ministry of Health and Wellness via [email protected] at least 72 hours prior to travel to Barbados to have their requests investigated and facilitated.
- All guests will undergo a health screen
- Masks required inside the airport
- For more information: https://www.visitbarbados.org/covid-19
- Open since July 1st
- Passengers are required to fill out and submit a Traveler’s Health Affidavit, declaring that they have not felt any Covid-19 related symptoms in the last 72 hours.
- All guests will be required to submit a negative Covid-19 test within 5 days of travel
- If no test is submitted upon arrival, you will be required to do a “quick test” at the airport – All individuals who test positive will be required to quarantine as instructed by authorities
- Masks are required in areas such as malls, stores & restaurants.
- Open since June 15th
- Guests must apply 72 hrs prior to their flight for a flight authorization (airlines will not allow passengers to board without the travel authorization)
- Go to visitjamaica.com to sign up and complete the immigration forms online at enterjamaica.com – bring copy with you
- Guests will be subject to health screening & risk assessment on arrival into Montego Bay.
- If travelling from a high risk area, guests will be tested for Covid-19 via nasal swab test & will have to remain quarantined at property until results come in.
- Travelers from New York, Florida, Arizona and Texas require negative COVID test within 10 days of travel.
- Open for regional travel as of July 15th
- Borders will reopen for international guests as of August 1st
- Countries will be categorized as Low, Medium or High-risk, for the purposes of entry requirements.
- All travelers must complete, sign & submit a Health Declaration Form & download/register on Grenadas Tracing App, both of which can be found at www.covid19.gov.gd
- Open to guests from Canada & Europe since July 1st
- Open to guests from USA as of August 1st
- French border is closed, rentals can be booked on the Dutch side
- Guests required to take a COVID-19 RT-PCR test with proof of negative within 72 hours of departure. Children under the age of 10 are exempt from testing.
- Masks required inside the airport
- Mandatory temperature checks done upon arrival
- Cannot travel by Ferry from St. Martin to St. Bart’s
- Open since June 22nd
- Guests must provide a Covid-negative RT-PCR test performed within 3 days prior to arrival.
- If unable to get tested prior to arrival (with proof), guests will be required to be tested for Covid 19 within 24 hrs of arrival. (Must observe strict quarantine in your villa until test results come back in less than 24 hrs to be released)
- If staying for longer than 7 days, a second RT-PCR test will be required on Day 7 following their arrival. Children below age 10 are not subjected to testing
- If leaving St. Bart’s through St. Martin, if leaving within 14 days of arrival, a NEW negative PCR test must be provided or you will not be able to enter SXM
- Beaches, restaurants, boutiques, houses of worship are open and operating
Turks & Caicos:
- Open to guests as of July 22nd
- All incoming guests, (with the exception of children under the age of 10) must receive a negative Covid-19 RT-PCR nasal swab test, within 5 days of your scheduled arrival date.
- All guests must be in possession of Travel Insurance that covers Covid-19 in-country medical treatment, the cost of quarantine & repatriation/medivac insurance.
- You will be required to visit the TCI Assured Travel Authorization Portal in order to obtain a travel authorization for arrival.
- For more information: https://www.gov.tc/moh/coronavirus/
- Open since June 1st
- Beginning July 15, all flights from Alabama, Georgia, Idaho, Kansas, Mississippi, Nevada, and South Carolina must present negative Covid-19 test results within 5 days of travel or a positive antibody and will need to sign a waiver.
- If no test is presented, you must get one on-site and quarantine for 14 days until you receive a negative result, or until your time on the island is complete. This applies to all guests 15 years of age or older.
- Masks may be required in some public areas
- Open since June 4th
- Guests must provide certified proof of a negative Covid-19 test taken within 48 hours of travel
- 14 day quarantine required upon arrival.
- Businesses on the island have resumed with social distancing measures in place
- For more information: https://www.stlucia.org/en/covid-19/
- Open since June 15th
- Travelers can expect temperature checks, interviews about travel history & contact with potential carriers.
- Potential Covid testing.
- Complimentary masks will be available.
- Social distancing is advised by standing 6 feet away from other groups.
Nuevo Vallarta, Puerto Vallarta, Riviera Maya:
- Open since June 21st
Travel restrictions apply based on Country of origin – but travel within the US is permitted.