As travel restrictions around the globe ease up and many popular destinations are ready to welcome travellers again, it is important to be aware of the policies and regulations put in place to ensure the safety of visitors and residents. Some destinations have confirmed “opening dates” when tourism will officially resume and many have included additional entry requirements and health checks.
To better assist with your planning, we have summarized all the information at our disposal, showing our popular destinations and the current travel requirements. We will be updating this list frequently as more destinations begin to open to tourists and new regulations are announced.
- All travelers must preregister at the Preregister at the Anguilla Tourist Board’s website – https://ivisitanguilla.com/escape/ and https://beatcovid19.ai/apply/
- Must submit proof of a negative Covid-19 PRC test taken within 3-5 days prior to arrival.
- Must obtain and show proof of a health insurance policy that will cover any medical expenses incurred in relation to Covid-19 treatment.
- Travelers from low-risk countries will be given preference; those from high-risk countries will be assessed on a case-by-case basis, taking into consideration their place of residence.
- Those who receive a negative result on the first test will be permitted to enter Anguilla but will be restricted to their villa, hotel, or resort. Visitors will only be allowed to leave their accommodations if they receive a negative result on the test administered 10 days after arrival.
- Visitors who test positive for Covid-19 in Anguilla will isolate in government-approved location.
- Open to guests as of June 1st
- All guests must be tested for Covid-19. You can pay $100 for free test at the airport upon arrival and quarantine in your rental for 24 hours until you get the results; or you can quarantine at your rental for the first 14 days of your stay.
- Masks are mandatory in public areas
- For more information: https://ab.gov.ag/detail_page.php?page=42
- Must present a negative Covid-19 RT-PCR test from an approved lab, taken no more than 10 days prior
- Temperature checks at arrival points
- All guests must fill out a questionnaire, or “travel health card,” before flying for government approval.
- For those staying longer than 5 days, a Rapid Antigen Test is required on Day 5 (Does not apply for those leaving on day 5)
- All guests have to opt-in to mandatory COVID-19 health insurance when applying for their Travel Health Visa, and covers for their stay.
- Guests must complete ED form at travelform.gov.bb & submit 24 hours prior to travel
- All guests over the age of 5 will be required to submit a negative Covid-19 PCR antigen test from an accredited or certified facility/laboratory within 72 hours of travel.
- Those coming from Low Risk areas can present results taken up to one week before arrival.
- Those coming from High Risk areas, MUST quarantine at a designated holding hotel or approved villa at their own expense for 7 days. Will be retested 2-3 days after arrival (4-5 days after your 1st test). If negative – all guests may enjoy their getaway.
- If tested positive, guests may request the option to self-isolate at their own expense at hotel, villa, or government approved isolation facility under strict stipulations that must be signed as accepted and proven to be in place. Alternatively they will be transported to an alternative accommodation for isolation, where guests will stay until recovery. Upon recovery, they can resume vacation or return home.
Guests without Covid-19 test will need to have one on arrival:
High Risk Countries – tested at airport free of charge. Need to remain at airport until results are available
Moderate Risk Countries – tested at airport free of charge, or approved satellite site/hotel for $150. Can wait at airport for the results, or at a designated hotel at your own expense.
Low Risk Countries – Tested at airport for free, or approved satellite site/hotel for $150. Can await results at airport or a designated holding hotel at your own expense.
- Travelers who do not have a negative test and do not opt for testing will not be allowed to enter Barbados.
- Specific travelers who have non-standard circumstances that need to be addressed, are advised to contact The Ministry of Health and Wellness via [email protected] at least 72 hours prior to travel to Barbados to have their requests investigated and facilitated.
- All guests will undergo a health screen
- Beach Visits – These must be only for the purpose of swimming or exercise and in the case of a group, it cannot exceed 10 persons which must all be from the same household.
- Masks required inside the airport
- For more information: https://www.visitbarbados.org/covid-19
All travelers (including children) must register at the BVI Gateway Portal at least 48 hours before check in. See here – present at flight in hard copy.
A certified RT-PCR COVID-19 negative test within five days prior to arrival if you are travelling from a low risk country; or within three days prior if from a medium or high risk country. – Present at flight in hard copy
Present your approval to enter the BVI certificate at check in counter
A test on your arrival in the BVI which is negative allows controlled movement within the confines of your Villa (5 days of quarantine – day 5 when new test completed)
Download the BVI’s custom ‘Track and Trace’ app upon arrival and wear the tracker bracelet you will be given.
A test after 4 complete days of quarantine (test on day 5) which, if negative, allows movement within the Territory.
If you test positive before arrival you will not be allowed to enter the BVI.
A positive test at any stage upon arrival will require fourteen (14) day quarantine.
The cost to you for the test upon arrival, the test after Day 4, the app and the bracelet will be $175.00
Cost of test required for departing travel from the BVI is $70 / person (via Antigua or Puerto Rico)
- MUST have medical coverage that includes COVID-19 coverage.
- Certified ground transportation is mandatory from airport to villa
- “Phased opening” where the island is only allowing visitors to enter via repatriation flights or via private plane or private yacht.
- All travelers arriving to the Cayman Islands must register via Travel Time and will be subject to 14-day quarantine in pre-approved residential or government facilities during the month of October.
Browse All Cayman Island Villas
UK travelers are not able to enter DR at this time*
- Curfew in effect – January 11 – 26, 2021
Saturday – Sunday: 12:00 pm – 5:00 am
Weekdays: 5:00 pm – 5:00 am – free transportation (public) from 5:00 – 7:00 for people to get home where needed from activities and jobs
- Passengers are required to fill out a Portal of Electronic Ticket of Entry and Exit of the Dominican Republic declaring that they have not felt any Covid-19 related symptoms in the last 72 hours.
- Masks are required in areas such as malls, stores & restaurants.
Browse All Dominican Republic Villas
- Guests must apply 5 days prior to their flight for a flight authorization (airlines will not allow passengers to board without the travel authorization)
- Go to visitjamaica.com to sign up and complete the immigration forms online at enterjamaica.com – bring copy with you
- All travelers from High Risk Areas require negative COVID test within 72 hours of travel (High risk: USA, Brazil, Dominican Republic, Mexico, Panama)
- If a guest tests positive on arrival or during their stay in a villa, they will be isolated at the villa if there is space or at a government quarantine facility for 2 weeks OR until they have received two negative COVID-19 tests. Any positive guest in home quarantine will be supervised & constantly checked up on by MOH (Ministry of Health) personnel.
- Tests when you arrive at the airport are possible (determined by authorities on arrival) – If tested positive, the guest will need to quarantine at the villa until they have results.
- All travelers are required by law to wear a mask in public, including the airports & in transportation.
- Guests are allowed to leave their villas to visit approved Covid-19 protocol compliant amusement parks, water parks or water attractions located within the resilient corridor. All travel to & from the attraction must be in licensed JTB transportation.
- Open for travel at this time
- Negative Covid-19 test requested 7 days before arrival
- 4 day quarantine period required within hotel.
- All travelers must complete, sign & submit a Health Declaration Form & download/register on Grenadas Tracing App, both of which can be found at www.covid19.gov.gd
- Negative COVID test 120 hours or less before boarding – incorrect type of testing subject to onsite testing at $125
- Travelers residing in and traveling from a low-risk countries are exempted from the mandatory rt-PCR test.
- Masks required inside the airport
- Mandatory temperature checks done upon arrival
FOR FRENCH SIDE – guests over 10 years
- Guests will need another COVID-PCR test 48 hours after arrival
- Guests can do this for free at the Drive in Friar’s Bay for free, or in-villa for 110€ per person
Browse All Saint Martin Villas
- Open for travel at this time.
- Guests must provide a Covid-negative RT-PCR test performed within 3 days prior to arrival.
- If unable to get tested prior to arrival (with proof), guests will be required to be tested for Covid 19 within 24 hrs of arrival. (Must observe strict quarantine in your villa until test results come back in less than 24 hrs to be released)
- If staying for longer than 7 days, a second RT-PCR test will be required on Day 7 following their arrival. Children below age 10 are not subjected to testing
- If leaving St. Bart’s through St. Martin, if leaving within 14 days of arrival, a NEW negative PCR test must be provided or you will not be able to enter SXM
- Beaches, restaurants, boutiques, houses of worship are open and operating
Turks & Caicos:
- All incoming guests, (with the exception of children under the age of 10) must receive a negative Covid-19 RT-PCR nasal swab test, within 5 days of your scheduled arrival date.
- All guests must be in possession of Travel Insurance that covers Covid-19 in-country medical treatment, the cost of quarantine & repatriation/medivac insurance.
- You will be required to visit the TCI Assured Travel Authorization Portal in order to obtain a travel authorization for arrival.
- For more information: https://www.gov.tc/moh/coronavirus/
Browse All Turks & Caicos Villas
- As of September 19th they will accept new guests again
- Beaches will be open from 9 am – 12 pm on weekends and 9 am – 4 pm on weekdays
- Safer-at-Home phase in affect meaning more services should be open, but staying at home recommended.
- Negative COVID test HIGHLY recommended 5 days prior to arrival to the islands
- If no test, you must get one on-site, quarantine for 14 days, until you receive a negative result, or until your time on the island is complete (whichever is shorter) *applies to those 15 years and older
- Masks may be required in some public areas
- All arrivals (5 years and over) must have a COVID -19 PCR test with a negative result taken no more than 7 days before arrival in Saint Lucia.
- All arrivals (18 years and over) must complete and submit a Travel Authorization Form.
- All arriving passengers must adhere to all protocols relevant to the port of entry
- All arriving passengers will be screened, this will include temperature checks
- Arriving passengers will be transferred by certified taxi to approved COVID-19 accommodation or to their quarantine location – 14 days
- All must submit a Pre-Arrival Registration Form – https://www.stlucia.org/en/covid-19/
- All symptomatic passengers to be isolated and tested
- Businesses on the island have resumed with social distancing measures in place
- For more information: https://www.stlucia.org/en/covid-19/
- Currently accepting (limited) international travelers
- Fill out the electronic epidemiological HEALTH PASS form
- RT-PCR diagnostic test with a negative result; the sample must have been taken within 72 hours of travel to Costa Rica.
- Passengers coming from the U.S. – driver’s license or state identification (State ID).
- Traveler’s Medical Insurance – international or purchased in Costa Rica through the National Insurance Institute (INS – Instituto Nacional de Seguros), or Sagicor.
For international insurance policies, tourists must request a certification from their insurance company verifying the following conditions:
- Effectiveness of the policy during the visit to Costa Rica
- Guaranteed coverage of medical expenses in the event of becoming ill with the pandemic COVID-10 virus while in Costa Rica, for at least USD $50,000
- Includes minimum coverage of USD $2,000 for lodging expenses issued as a result of the pandemic
- Travelers can expect temperature checks, interviews about travel history & contact with potential carriers.
- Potential Covid testing.
- Complimentary masks will be available.
- Social distancing is advised by standing 6 feet away from other groups.
- No restrictions or entry requirements at this time
- All non-essential businesses including restaurants and bars must close by 8:30 pm.
- All beaches will close at 3:00 pm daily.
- Public transportation including Uber must stop operating by 10:00 pm.
Nuevo Vallarta,Riviera Maya:
- Open for travel at this time
- No entry requirements for anybody coming into Mexico except a health questionnaire and temperature check
GENERAL – All passengers, 2 years and older, require a negative COVID test 3 days before arrival.
- Anyone arriving out of state must quarantine for 14 days.
- Any traveler arriving without proof of a negative COVID-19 test result will be subject to the current 14-day quarantine order for travelers arriving from outside of the Hawaiian Islands.
- All travelers need to fill out a pre-travel application at: https://travel.hawaii.gov/#/
Travel restrictions apply based on Country of origin – but travel within the US is permitted.